Author Topic: Can anyone tell me about the Dasha I'm in?  (Read 4607 times)

KEEPITSIMPLE

• View Profile
Can anyone tell me about the Dasha I'm in?
« on: May 03, 2014, 07:09:30 PM »
Looking for some insight into the Dasha I'm in + the sub Dasha's.
Using Ernst Wilhelm calculations.
Anything else you can tell me about my chart in general would be awesome.
Thanks.

http://imgur.com/btATn3W,ss8cz39

notebooks

• View Profile
Re: Can anyone tell me about the Dasha I'm in?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 11:56:53 PM »
can you also possibly post the birth time, place?

dr. farr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 12:09:58 AM »
The current Vimshottari maha and antar dashas (actually all of them with their dates) can be found in the upper and mid right hand corner of the page printed out (which you had originally posted on the other website)  I'd give that information here except that the print is too small for me to make out the planetary dasha indicated for the current year.

KEEPITSIMPLE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 12:59:26 PM »
Birth time is 11:42 am.

Dr Farr: when you click on the Imgur link on the top right corner there are 3 dots. Click there and it will say open image in tab. Click that and the chart font will be readable.

KEEPITSIMPLE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 01:02:22 PM »
Also birth place is Bayamon, Puerto Rico.

notebooks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 10:40:35 PM »
dude you didn't post birth date?

KEEPITSIMPLE

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 11:37:42 PM »
I posted a chart showing the current Dasha's I'm in plus divisional charts. W would I need to post a birth date or anymore info?

dr. farr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 11:43:41 PM »
From the 1st image on the Imgur link, the dasha data is given on the right hand side of that page: so, according to this printout, your current mahadasha (via Vimshottari) is that of Mars, and the current antardasha is that of Rahu, so you are currently in Mars-Rahu. On October 25, 2014, the antardasha will change to Jupiter, so from that time you will be in Mars-Jupiter.

KEEPITSIMPLE

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2014, 12:42:00 AM »
Dr Farr thank you. I understand all that though. I'm having a problem interpreting it or finding good resources to show me how to interpret it myself. From my limited understanding of vedic astrology I believe my mars is in domicile and is a good dignity but its sitting with ketu. My concern is that my mars Dasha maybe a troublesome one because of ketu.

dr. farr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2014, 12:56:02 AM »
Well, it could be so: remember though that dasha analysis is an advanced field of practice, and also be aware that there are several long-established methods for making such an analysis: typical of the most widely practiced methods, is to make a judgement of the net dignity or detriment of the planet involved (as maha or antar dasha lord) and use that to determine the + or - influences during that dasha/antardasha period of time.  Other mainstream authorities (eg Raman) simply give outlines of what "x antar in y mahadasha" will be, and others make the basis the relationship of the dasha planet to the ascending sign. 
It can be a complex matter: me? I simply use either the bhinnashtakavarga dasha method I have outlined in the dasha forum of this website (qv), or a sarva bindu estimating method which takes into account the ramifications of the given dasha and antardasha upon the various specific areas/departments of life as seen through the varga (divisional) charts.

KEEPITSIMPLE

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 01:11:02 AM »
LOL. Dr. Farr you have gone way over my head. Feeling competent in western astrology I know how annoying it can be for a noob to ask questions about concepts he has no reference to even begin to understand. I'm fascinated about vedic astrology but the whole field is incredibly intimidating to me. where do I even start? If Dasha's are too advanced where should I even begin to look to get any sort of Insight into my chart?

Ryan Kurczak

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Asheville Vedic Astrology
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2014, 01:27:15 PM »
You brought up a good point KeepItSimple.  Many people want to start practicing Vedic Astrology after reading one book or just getting started.  To work best, it needs to be seen in perspective.  For example, a first year university student shouldn't expect to be designing rockets for NASA.  Usually they have to go through many laborious dull mathematics classes first before they can even conceive of what is required for that. This is not to be daunting, just to point out that if you want to know about a dasha, it's better to find a professional astrologer to work with, and have them show you.  Then as the years pass and your studies deepen, you can start considering it for your self.  Look at the study of astrology as a path to be devoted to.  Otherwise, simply find an astrologer to hire to use their experience and studies to assist.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoHfx_U4o06SYXKUgTmugg3VqYDsR1ud0

Consider starting with that set of 15 hours of videos.  It's a good primer.

I don't think Dr. Farr was meaning to go over your head, he was just pointing out that there is a lot to consider, and Dashas ARE complex threads to unravel. 

In that video course above, there are some videos towards the end with dasha examples.
Asheville Vedic Astrology
www.ashevillevedicastrology.com

morningstar

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2015, 03:39:31 PM »
Another simple technique for dasa is to consider the influence of the Star lord of the dasa.
You are running the dasa of the 4th Star from the natal Moon which falls under Dhanishta.
Studying this Star without any of the rading the chart with aspects, etc. is a good way to get the underlying influence that will be present throughout the dasa cycle. That is like step one. It does get very complicated after that so that is way I am recommending a simple technique that only requires reading about the Nakshatra of Dhanistha. Ryan`s free video series on youtube is invaluable for us beginners.
Wishing you an a great adventure in life and studying astrology. Take care.