Author Topic: Retrograde Planets (Vakra)  (Read 4026 times)

morningstar

Retrograde Planets (Vakra)
« on: July 14, 2014, 10:54:37 PM »
Retrograde Planets (Vakra)
The most important point to remember when dealing with a retrograde planet is that the energies that it represents will manifest in a more internalized manner.
From a material and practical point of view this has disadvantages in that it causes a person to express those energies in a more reserved, perhaps less confident manner.
However from a spiritual point of view this deepening and internalizing effect can have its benefits.

Three or more retrograde planets in a horoscope indicate a person of a critical nature or a tendency towards negative thinking or negative responses.

Mercury and Venus are less affected by being retrograde.
Their retrograde motion is of two kinds.
They can retrograde towards the Sun, thus moving towards becoming combust.
This is more difficult.
Or they can retrograde away from the Sun, which is less difficult.

It is not good to have a retrograde planet afflicted by other negative factors in the horoscope.
If this happens then the results of retrograde motion becomes more difficult to deal with.

Malefics (Mars and Saturn) when retrograde may cause harm, particularly when they are located in angles.
This increases their tendency to cause delays, obstructions, and limitations.
Benefics (Venus and Jupiter) when retrograde tend to become weak and unreliable in their ability to help us on a practical level,
losing much of their positive warmth and energy.

By itself a planet being retrograde is a fairly minor factor and should not be allowed to outweigh more important factors such as the aspects of other planets or disposition by sign or house position.

Any planet that is retrograde in the birth chart tends to be more strongly associated with karmic influences and the function the planet represents will have strong past life connections.

Mercury retrograde will show a mind taken over by the influences of the past or having an insight into the past.
This may cause hesitation in speech or speech defects, if afflicted but if well placed will give a good knowledge of history.
Mars retrograde may show violent or impulsive influences carried over from past lives, which may result in injury.

Each retrograde planet should be examined according to its natural and temporal status to see what karmic forces or processes it may be projecting. These will manifest during the period and sub-period of the planet, or during its transits around the chart.

Past karma also tends to work itself out during the retrograde transits of planets.
Retrograde planets make us deal with unresolved issues from the past.
Malefics will make us experience negative effects of past karma;
benefics help us clear the influences of the past so that we can move forward in life.
Many retrograde planets in the birth chart show the need for clearing out karma or for ending a cycle of karmic experience.
Few or no retrograde planets in the chart show the beginning of a new cycle of karma.

In medical astrology a retrograde planet ruling houses which relate to one’s health are found to be damaging in regard to vitality and recuperative abilities.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 02:04:38 AM by morningstar »

Ganeshwari

• View Profile
Re: Retrograde Planets (Vakra)
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 12:18:25 AM »
This is very interesting  :)

notebooks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 10:50:46 AM »
@morningstar

thanks for all the notes you have posted.

morningstar

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 10:56:39 AM »
You are welcome :)
I hope it sparks some good questions and can be used in the end to benefit = future clients or families and friends!
I will slowly post more and looking forward to adding more of my hand written stuff onto computer so I can share it.
Be well all and may Shiva bless and guide us all :)

morningstar

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 10:58:31 AM »
If you did not notice I posted a dasa quiz if you are interested and will post the answers on Tuesday sometime.

Ganeshwari

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 03:40:48 AM »
I have 3 planets retrograde (Jupiter, Saturn & Mars)
I was listening to one of Ryan's classes and if Saturn is retrograde, I think they like to collect antique stuff.
I like pocket watches. But they got to look really antique (dirty/rusty) before I will purchase them.
There is a street market in Singapore that sell really cheap pocket watches for below $10. But some look shiny and new. I prefer the dirty and rusty ones.  ;D

Jupiter retrograde, hmmm, m not sure that is supposed to make me too optimistic. Sometimes, I am critical and sometimes I look on the bright side. So there is  a good balance of both.

But Mars retrograde is tough. Makes me sit on the fence and be unable to take action or defend for myself at times in order not to rock the boat.  :-\

jatinus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 09:53:40 AM »
Great Stuff - Truly a morning star,

My 2 bits on retrogression

1 Retrograde planets gains chesta bala so help a planet attaining better shadbala

2 While analyzing debilitated planet(s) - retrogression factor better the overall strength of debilitated planet especially if retrograde planet is in good dignity.
so for example Mars is in debilitation in cancer  - since it gains chesta bala - maleficence of being debilitated would get mitigated.

Consider another example :

Jupiter in Capricorn - debilitated , His sign depositor is Saturn , pretend Saturn is in Angle and retrograge and also in exaltation in libra - being retrograde it will again chesta bala as well thereby compensating the maleficence of debilitated Jupiter.

Sometimes it is good to have a retrograde  planet especially if it is related to a debilitated planet

« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 10:01:26 AM by jatinus »

Ryan Kurczak

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Asheville Vedic Astrology
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 11:16:33 AM »
I concur with your bala descriptions Jatinus, but I'm not certain about the lord of the DB planet being Retrograde.  It would make more sense to consider the DB planet as retrograde being helpful.  Can you share some examples of your statements?  Thanks! 
Asheville Vedic Astrology
www.ashevillevedicastrology.com

jatinus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2015, 03:45:04 AM »
Hello Ryan,
Apologies for being unclear on 2nd example. Let me try again

Any planet in retrogression gains chesta bala. So a debilitated planet would do better being retrograde. I think this point is clear. 

In my second example -  I was trying blend in principle of mitigation of debilitation ( lot of people exaggerate  by saying ( neech-bhang or cancellation) and retrogression.So please consider the following example-
Saturn in debilitation in Aries. If the sign depositor of Aries , i.e Mars happens to be in kendra from moon or asc - Mahadasa / Antardaha  of mars may bring good results in regards to matters related to Debilitated saturn( also matters related to mars based on number of factors), now if this mars is also retrograde, then it would do even better and would help saturn even more..this is because - (a) Mars in angle from moon or ascendant would gain KENDRADI BALA and (b) Since mars is retrograde , it would gain Chesta bala - and this would actually help saturn.Now saturn will continue to be debilitated but Period /sub period of  retrograde mars would be much better and supportive of affairs related to saturn.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 01:57:21 PM by jatinus »

Ryan Kurczak

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Asheville Vedic Astrology
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 09:56:17 AM »
I'd like to see some examples on that.  I follow your logic to a degree, but I'm not sure I would carry so far as its impact to Saturn.  The Good Yoga you mentioned would be good for what its good for.  We'd also have to consider Mars' strength.  Remember, having Saturn in Mars' sign is starvation.  So the stronger Mars gets, the worse Saturn gets squeezed.   We also need to consider Ishta and Kashta for this.
Asheville Vedic Astrology
www.ashevillevedicastrology.com